Job Specification - Transport Planner
Reporting to the Operations Manager
- Daily routing of 10 tankers via our in-house computer routing package. This includes building the individual loads and optimising to the on screen map, setting the vehicle loadings, printing the loading and routing sheets and sending all loads to the driver’s on-truck computer.
- Maximizing transport efficiencies whilst remaining customer focused.
- Pricing individual orders and contacting customers to advise delivery dates/times.
- Liaising with the sales team on delivery queries.
- Responsible for all ‘top-up’ deliveries. Entering orders on the system and liaising with both customers and drivers regarding their frequency.
- Dealing with all driver queries regarding deliveries and being their first point of contact.
- Monitoring stock levels at two depots.
- Collating and analysing daily fuel prices and terminal allocations.
- Taking overflow calls from customers, taking orders and negotiating prices.
- Liaising with the Operations Manager on vehicle maintenance and industry compliance.
- Provide cover for the stock reconciliation.
- Previous experience in a transport environment preferred.
- Local knowledge of delivery area is essential.
- General computer knowledge.
Key Personal Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Calm and able to work under pressure.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Customer focused.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.