WCF Ltd ("WCF” or "we”) are committed to protecting your privacy and where applicable the security of any personal data that you provide.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("Act"), the data controller is WCF Ltd of Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria CA8 1TN.
Information We May Collect From YouWe may collect and process the following data about you:
- name, title and contact information, including e-mail address;
- demographic information such as post codes;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you do not have to respond to them);
- details of your visits to our site (including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data) and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies: these cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
We set out in more detail each cookie that we use on our site and the purposes for which we use them in the following table:
|Cookie name||Purpose||More information|
|Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz)||We use these cookies to collect information about how visitors use the site, in order to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visits to the site, where those visitors have come from and the pages they visited.||Please see Google's explanation of Google Analytics here.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Uses Made of the Information
We may use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- to process orders and deliver products to you;
- to take payments in relation to the purchase of our products by you;
- to inform you about information or offers which may be of interest to you;
- to ensure that the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to our site and special offers we think you'll find valuable.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Access to Information
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if WCF or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of WCF, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk protection.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on our order forms. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1TN.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, as well as our own group sites. If you follow a link to any third party websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and WCF does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We would recommend you check these policies before using any of these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Because sharing is caring…